All times are Pacific Time (if you’re not sure how that matches with your time zone, here’s a resource).
- Writing and Gender with Cheryl Morgan, Sunday, April 28, 9:30-11:30 AM Pacific time
- Poetic Tools for Prose Writers with Rachel Swirsky, Sunday, May 5, 9:30-11:30 AM Pacific time
- The Fashion of Worldbuilding: Clothes, Technology, and Taboos with Mary Robinette Kowal on Saturday, May 11, 2019, 9:30-11:30 AM Pacific time.
- Breaking the Rules with Rachel Swirsky, Saturday, May 25, 2019 9:30-11:30 AM Pacific time.
- High-Speed Worldbuilding for Fiction and Games with James L. Sutter, Session 1, Saturday, June 1, 9:30-11:30 AM.
- The Writer’s Guide to Selling Books at Conventions with Michael R. Underwood. Specially priced session at $49. Sunday, June 2, 9:30-11:30 AM.
- High-Speed Worldbuilding for Fiction and Games with James L. Sutter, Session 2, Saturday, June 8, 9:30-11:30 AM.
- Speculative Poetry with Rachel Swirsky, Sunday, June 9, 9:30-11:30 AM
- Masks & Mayhem: How to Write Superheroes with Carrie Vaughn, Saturday, June 15, 9:30-11:30 AM Pacific time
- Pacing Yourself: The Strange and Sprawling Art of Writing a Long Series with Seanan McGuire, Saturday, June 29, 9:30 AM-11:30 AM Pacific time
- Description & Delivering Information with Cat Rambo, Sunday, June 30, 9:30 AM-11:30 AM Pacific time
- Cussing in Secondary Worlds with Fran Wilde, Saturday, July 6, 9:30-11:30 AM Pacific time
- Moving from Idea to Finished Draft with Cat Rambo, July 7, 9:30-11:30 AM Pacific time
- Stories That Change Our World: Writing Fiction with Empathy, Insight and Hope with Cat Rambo, Saturday, August 10, 9:30-11:30 AM Pacific time
- Poetic Tools with Rachel Swirsky, Sunday, August 11, 9:30-11:30 AM Pacific time
- Writing Steampunk & Weird Western with Cat Rambo, Saturday, August 17, 9:30-11:30 AM Pacific time
- Journaling for Creativity with Fran Wilde, Sunday, August 18, 9:30-11:30 AM Pacific time
Note from Rambo Academy founder Cat Rambo: I’ve been teaching writing for over three decades now. Ten years ago, I started working with what would become the Rambo Academy for Wayward Writers. Since then literally hundreds of students from across the globe have come through my classes; many are out there publishing away and I’m cheering every time I see one on a table of contents or on an award ballot. If you’ve got questions about the classes, please don’t hesitate to mail me with them. Here’s some testimonials for a few past ones.
Live classes are taught online, are limited to 15 participants, and require a reliable Internet connection, although in the past participants have logged on from coffee shops, cafes, and even an airplane. A webcam is strongly suggested but not required. If there is an on-demand version of the class, you will be provided with a free coupon for it, so you have access to those notes.
Unless marked otherwise, most is $99 for single session classes; $79 for returning students and Patreon supporters. Two session classes are $149/$129.
To register for a class, send e-mail with the following details:
- Which class or classes and the dates.
- Whether you would prefer to pay via Paypal, check, or some other means.
- Please identify yourself if you are a returning student or support Cat or Rachel on Patreon to qualify for the special rate.
You should receive confirmation of your registration within 48 hours.
Free scholarships: If you cannot afford a class but really want to take one, apply for a Plunkett Scholarship. Each class has three slots reserved for such students, and the sole criteria is that you can’t currently afford the class but would like to take it. To apply, mail me with your name, the class name/date, and a brief statement about why you want to take the class. QUILTBAG and PoC candidates are especially encouraged to apply. The Plunkett Scholarships are named for Edward Plunkett, who wrote as Lord Dunsany. Scholarship recipients will be notified the week before the class.
The class “Stories that Change the World: Writing Fiction with Empathy, Insight, and Hope” is 50% Plunkett scholarships (8 free slots).