All classes have a limit of 8 students unless otherwise stated. Classes are taught online using Google Hangouts. A computer with a good Internet connection and microphone are necessary; a webcam will enhance your class experience considerably.
The cost for a single session workshop is $99 for new students; $89 for students who have formerly taken a class with Cat. The cost for the F&SF stories workshop is $249 for new students, $199 for former students.
To reserve a class, mail Cat at firstname.lastname@example.org and state which class or classes, the section numbers, and whether you will be paying by Paypal or check.
If payment has not been received by three days before it takes place, you will be moved to the waiting list.
Class Calendar (All times are in Pacific Time.)
Click on a class to see the page with its description and other information.
- July 1 (Wednesday), 9:30-11:30 AM – Character Building Workshop, Section 1
- July 4 (Saturday), 9:30-11:30 AM – Writing Your Way Into Your Novel, Section 1
- July 5 (Sunday), 9:30-11:30 AM – Character Building Workshop, Section 2
- July 8 (Wednesday), 12-2 PM – Moving Your Story from Idea to Finished Draft Section 1
- July 11 (Saturday), 9:30-11:30 AM – Writing F&SF Stories Workshop class #1 (other classes are 7/18, 7/25, 8/8, 8/15, 8/29).
- July 12 (Sunday), 9:30-11:30 AM- Moving Your Story from Idea to Finished Draft Section 2
- July 15 (Wednesday), 7-9 PM – First Pages Workshop Section 1
- July 17 (Friday), 2-4 PM – Writing Your Way Into Your Novel, Section 2
- July 19 (Sunday), 9:30-11:30 AM – First Pages Workshop Section 2
- July 22 (Wednesday), 4-6 PM – Description & Delivery Workshop Section 1
- July 26 (Sunday), 9:30-11:30 AM – Description & Delivery Workshop Section 2
- August 5 (Wednesday), 6-8 PM – Literary Techniques for Speculative Fiction Workshop Section 1
- Sunday, August 9, 9:30-11:30 AM- Literary Techniques for Speculative Fiction Workshop Section 2
- August 12 (Wednesday), 2-4 PM – Flash Fiction Workshop Section 1
- August 14 (Friday), 2-4 PM – Rewriting, Revising and Fine-tuning Fiction Section 1
- August 16 (Sunday), 9:30-11:30 AM – Flash Fiction Workshop Section 2
- Sunday, August 30, 9:30-11:30 AM – Rewriting, Revising and Fine-tuning Fiction Section 2
Alphabetical List of Classes Offered in July/August 2015
Character Building Workshop
Description and Delivering Information Workshop
First Pages Workshop
Flash Fiction Workshop
Literary Techniques for Speculative Fiction Writers Workshop
Moving Your Story From Idea to Finished Draft
Rewriting, Revising & Fine-tuning Your Fiction
Writing F&SF Story 6-Week Workshop
Writing Your Way Into Your Novel
Frequently Asked Questions
Will you be teaching other classes in 2015? Yes, unless circumstances change, I will be doing one more set in September/October.
What’s with all the odd times? I’m testing what time slots work best so when I trim down a bit in the fall. If there’s a time slot you’re particularly happy to see, I urge you to support it by either taking the class or spreading the word to other people you know will be interested.
You left out my favorite class! Will you teach it again? Probably, but you should mail and let me know you’re interested. Usually I move classes off the slate because demand is low (or there are other considerations).
Will you come teach a class for my friends and I? Yup. If you’d like to set up a special session for your writing group, drop me a line.
How do I find out about future classes? Sign up here: