New! On-demand content! I’m using the Fedora platform to convert the live class content in classes you can take at your own pace. Right now, the available on demand classes are:
Most of my classes, though, are live sessions. All live classes have a limit of 8 students unless otherwise stated. Classes are taught online using Google Hangouts. A computer with a good Internet connection and microphone are necessary; a webcam will enhance your class experience considerably.
The cost for a single session live workshop is $99 for new students; $89 for students who have formerly taken a class with Cat. The cost for the F&SF stories workshop is $249 for new students, $199 for former students.
To reserve a class, mail Cat at email@example.com and state which class or classes, the section numbers, and whether you will be paying by Paypal or check.
If payment has not been received by three days before it takes place, you will be moved to the waiting list.
Class Calendar (All times are in Pacific Time.)
Click on a class to see the page with its description and other information.
- Friday, October 2, 9:30-11:30 AM – Beginnings and Endings
- Saturday, October 3, 9:30-11:30 AM – Character Building Workshop
- Sunday, October 4, 9:30-11:30 AM – Description & Delivering Information
- Friday, October 16, 9:30-11:30 AM – Flash Fiction Workshop
- Saturday, October 17, 9:30-11:30 AM – Literary Techniques for Genre Fiction
- Friday, October 23, 9:30-11:30 AM – Reading Aloud Workshop
- Saturday, October 24, 9:30-11:30 AM – Literary Techniques for Genre Fiction II
- Sunday, October 25, 9:30-11:30 AM – First Pages Workshop (with Caren Gussoff)
- Friday, October 30, 9:30-11:30 AM – Moving Your Story from Idea to Draft
- Sunday, November 1, 9:30-11:30 AM – Writing Your Way Into Your Novel
- Friday, November 6, 9:30-11:30 AM – Creating An Online Presence for Writers
- Sunday, November 8, 9:30-11:30 AM – Re-Telling and Re-Taleing (with Rachel Swirsky)
- Friday, December 4, 9:30-11:30 AM – Character Building Workshop
- Saturday, December 5, 9:30-11:30 AM – Beginnings and Endings
- Sunday, December 6, 9:30-11:30 AM – Moving Your Story from Idea to Draft
- Friday, December 11, 9:30-11:30 AM – Literary Techniques for Genre Fiction
- Saturday, December 12, 9:30-11:30 AM – Writing Your Way Into Your Novel
- Sunday, December 13, 9:30-11:30 AM – Rewriting and Revising
- Friday, December 18, 9:30-11:30 AM – Literary Techniques for Genre Fiction II
- Saturday, December 19, 9:30-11:30 AM – Reading Aloud Workshop
Alphabetical List of Classes Offered in Oct/Nov/Dect 2015
Beginnings and Endings
Character Building Workshop
Creating an online Presence for Writers
Description and Delivering Information Workshop
First Pages Workshop
Flash Fiction Workshop
Literary Techniques for Genre Fiction
Literary Techniques for Genre Fiction II
Moving Your Story From Idea to Finished Draft
Re-Telling and Re-Taleing (with Rachel Swirsky)
Rewriting, Revising & Fine-tuning Your Fiction
Writing F&SF Story 6-Week Workshop
Writing Your Way Into Your Novel
Frequently Asked Questions
Will you be teaching other classes in 2016? Yes, unless circumstances change unepxectedly, I will be doing more classes.
You left out my favorite class! Will you teach it again? Probably, but you should mail and let me know you’re interested. Usually I move classes off the slate because demand is low (or there are other considerations).
Will you come teach a class for my friends and I? Yup. If you’d like to set up a special session for your writing group, drop me a line.
How do I find out about future classes? Sign up here: