The next class date is Wednesday, October 10, 4-6 PM Pacific time. Taught by Cat Rambo.
(Formerly Editing 101) Students have found that learning to trust their editing skills has made them more productive when producing early drafts. This class combines lecture, discussion, and in class exercise to help you develop a rewriting practice tailored to your own particular strengths and weaknesses as well as one that lets you know when a story is ready for submission. Topics include how to edit at both the sentence and story/book level, working well with writers, theory of ToCs, electronic publishing, copyright, and making a living as an editor.
Classes are taught online via Google hangouts and require reliable Internet connection, although in the past participants have logged on from coffee shops, cafes, and even an airplane; a webcam is suggested but not required.
To register for this class, mail me with the following details:
- The email address that you use for Google stuff
- Which class or classes and the dates
- Whether you would prefer to pay via Paypal, check, or some other means.
Upon receiving that, I will send you an invoice.
Important! Remember every class has several Plunkett scholarships for students who could not otherwise afford the cost. To apply for a Plunkett, mail me and tell me why you want to take the class in 100 words or less.
Notes and Testimonials
- Cat Rambo’s classes are both entertaining and edifying. If you are an aspiring writer or editor do yourself a favor and sign up! -Stefan Milićević
- I took Cat’s editing class and it was such a help and quite delightful. She’s a great teacher, a fun person, and she keeps it light and entertaining while still helping you learn and grow. – Bryan Thomas Schmidt
- I left each session excited and energized about both my writing and with taking on editing. You are an engaging teacher, and have a talent for presenting a lot of information in easily digestible chunks. The first session was helpful for me to divide how I do my editing, and how I think about editing and writing. I feel (at least so far) that I’ve improved as a writer from taking both this and your short fiction class so far, but in some ways, I think the editing class gave me more tools to work on what was holding me back from writing (the internal editor). … The last session was full of all sorts of nuggets of information for me, as I do want to break into freelance editing. -Danielle Gembala