Something I’m trying to do this year is pay things forward as much as possible. Recent technological upgrades means I can now fit more than 8-9 people in a class (can now handle up to twice that many, which is more suited to some classes than others), so I figured one way to do that is to make more class slots available to people who couldn’t otherwise afford the class.
So, each class now has three Plunkett scholarship slots, the third of which is specifically reserved for QUILTBAG and POC applicants. Everyone is encouraged to apply, but I want to make sure it’s getting to a diverse range. The only qualification for a Plunkett is this: you would not be able to afford the class otherwise. Just mail me with the name/date of the class and 1-3 sentences about why you want to take it.
I have had several classes lately with no Plunkett apps, so I want to stress this: please take advantage of them if you’re a writer working on your craft. You will be helping me by ensuring that I have interested people to teach to.
That said, here’s upcoming classes if you want to look them over:
Classes Offered April-June 2017
- Creating an Online Presence for Writers, Saturday, June 3, 9:30-11:30 AM Pacific Time
- Description and Delivering Information, Wednesday, April 26, 4-6 PM Pacific Time
- Fantastic Worldbuilding with Fran Wilde, Saturday, April 8, 9:30-11:30 AM Pacific Time
- Literary Techniques for Genre Writers I, Saturday, April 22, 9:30-11:30 AM Pacific Time
- Flash Fiction Workshop, Wednesday, April 12, 7-9 PM Pacific Time
- Moving from Idea to Draft, Saturday, May 6, 9:30-11:30 AM Pacific Time
- How to Rewrite, Edit, and Polish Your Fiction, Wednesday, May 3, 4-6 PM
- How to Write Steampunk and Weird Western, Saturday, May 13, 9:30-11:30 AM Pacific Time
- Story Fundamentals, Wednesday, April 19 4-6 PM Pacific Time OR Saturday, May 27
9:30-11:30 AM Pacific Time OR Wednesday May 31 7-9 PM Pacific Time
- Writing Your Way Into Your Novel, Saturday, April 29, 9:30-11:30 AM Pacific Time