There’s plenty of room left in my upcoming online classes.
The big news is that I will be guest-editing the Women Destroying Fantasy issue of Lightspeed. We are still working out details, but it will be open subs.
I provided a teaser from WIP Laurel Finch, Laurel Finch, Where Do You Wander?
I made it onto this list of women horror authors you need to read. (Here’s the book they suggest, which is serendipitously 2.99 as part of promotion for next week!)
I talked about good things on the 27GoodThings Blog.
I sold a story to Beneath Ceaseless Skies, huzzah! Also, ten stories completed so far this year, which feels terrific.
- If you’re writing a character who is experiencing a particular emotion, this article may be useful.
- Great post from Teresa Frohock about Being a Woman and Writing Dark Fiction
- Bud Sparhawk talks about our recent collaboration
- Please consider supporting this Kickstarter of bisexual fiction.
- A writing book Kickstarter worth supporting.
- Mary Gordon on writing by hand
- Kurt Vonnegut teaches.
Books I Talked About for You Should Read This:
- My favorite YA novels of 2013, including books by Holly Black, Chelsea M. Campbell, Sarah Beth Durst, Em Garner, Lydia Kang, Cori McCarthy, and Sean Williams
- Science fiction classic Flowers for Algernon by Daniel Keyes
Things of Note:
- Victoria Strauss writes about a recent SFWA controversy in On Petitions and Flame Wars: My Thoughts About SFWA and Change
- Charles Coleman Finlay also talks about some aspects of the controversy.
- Kids read to shelter cats. Heartmelting.
- Photos of a dikdik, the world’s smallest antelope
- Pictures of rats with teddy bears