- I discussed how to write in order to have an impact on the reader and made some observations about collaborations.
- Having trouble getting a non-SF reader to enjoy your favorite SF book? This may explain why.
- Charles Coleman Finlay talks about the slush pile for his guest editor issue of the Magazine of F&SF.
I talked about these books:
- Classic feminist text Woman and Nature: The Roaring Inside Her by Susan Griffin
- Poetry collection The Essential Rumi, translated and arranged by Coleman Barks
- Nonfiction book A Biography of the English Language by C.M. Millward
- New space opera novel Ancillary Justice by Ann Leckie
- Classic animal fantasy novel Watership Down by Richard Adams
- A review of several books about the OWS movement talks intelligently about the history and implications of the movement.
- Scientists discover new poems from Sappho.
- G. Willow Wilson will be writing the Ms. Marvel comic.
- How moles dig. Because you always wanted to know.
- Some absolutely stunning photographs by Russian photographer Elena Shumilova of her children and farm animals.
Interesting Social Media Links
- A piece I did for the SFWA blog on Shelfari.
- Not social media related, really. but if you are working on the Internet, I strongly recommend two-factor authentication.
This video can be read as an inspiration for writers: