Stuff I posted on the blog:
Stuff for Writers:
- I talked about the demands of collaboration.
- Industry discussion of an editor here by Tobias Buckell
- How to handle a synopsis when you have a lot of characters
- Thoughts on “Do What You Love”.
In the new You Should Read This series, I read:
- Writing classic from one of the greats, About Writing by Samuel R. Delany
- Classic fantasy novel, The Forest of Forever by Thomas Burnett Swann
- Self (and writing) help, The Gentle Art of Verbal Self-Defense by Suzette Haden Elgin
- 19th century novel of manners, Miss Mole by E.H. Young
- Terrific book for MG/YG writers of any age, Turn Not Pale, Beloved Snail by Jacqueline Jackson
- Bad fantasy covers.
- A guy singing heavy-metal with his cat.
- How the history of civil rights is being retold.
- A murmuration of starlings.
- Onion piece that hits too close to home.
- Zebra finches rocking out.
Interesting Social Media Links:
- 33 Ways to Get More Pins on Pinterest.
- Excellent piece on GoodReads giveaways.
- A great response to trolls and nasty commenters.
- Kickstarter phrases that pay.
- Moving from a blog to G+.
- Useful Twitter hashtags for writers.