I’m in the process of planning my next round of classes, and I’d like some input.
People have requested something to take after the Writing F&SF Stories class, and I’ve been thinking about a masterclass/workshop. This would rely primarily on workshopping stories from students and would only be open to advanced students.
If you would be interested in such a class, please drop me a line at email@example.com with the following information:
- What days and times (generally) would work best for you.
- Whether you would prefer:
- workshop only
- workshop with a 15-30 minute lecture
- workshop with a 15-30 minute lecture and accompanying writing exercise
I’m also looking at mixing things up a little with some new classes, since it’s fun to come up with new stuff. If any of the following sound appealing, let me know. If there’s enough interest, I’ll set up a class in it.
- Description – how to write it and how to use it effectively
- Characters – how to use them to shape the story and engage the reader
- Plotting – how do you go about it and what are the basic principles?
As long as I have your attention, I’ll remind you of some upcoming classes that still have room:
- Flash Fiction (only one slot available) Sunday, 9:30 AM-12:30 PM PST, June 30
- Podcasting Basics (with Folly Blaine) Sunday, 9:30-11:30 AM, July 7
- Establishing an Online Presence for Writers, Sunday, 9:30-11:30 AM, July 14
- Literary Techniques for Genre Fiction, Sunday, 9:30 AM-12:30 PM PST, July 21