Here’s a grab-bag of interesting and utterly unrelated links with which to amuse yourself.
- I really love the idea of the artist drawing and then making the writer come up with the words. And here it’s resulted in a lovely, surprising strip from Ramen Empire.
- A Defense of Casual Fandom from Kelly McCullough in Apex Magazine. A lot of this is stuff I wouldn’t be apologizing for in the first place, but I can see where all the recent “fake geek girl” stuff would make one feel beleaguered. Apex’s most recent issue is just loaded with good stuff.
- Vanessa Veselka talks about the lack of female road narratives and why it matters in the American Reader.
- How racism is bad for our bodies – absolutely fascinating and alarming.
- Next time you see someone get knocked out in a movie, think of this.