Near+Far: Big Plans
My life is filled with scraps of paper, all of them written upon.
As you may or may not know, I’ve got a short story collection coming out this fall, Near+Far. It’s all SF, and we’re using the Ace Double format for it: one side features all near-future stories; flip it over to find the far future ones.
I’ve been plugging away at a g’normous spreadsheet: compiling reviewers and book bloggers and interviewers and all that sort of stuff. Whew. So what am I doing to ramp up to publicize the book?
- Finding reviewers interested in speculative fiction, particularly short stories.
- Organizing a six week blog tour leading up to the book launch.
- Organizing interviews and guest posts.
- Writing a “How you can help” sheet to send to people who might help publicize the book.
- Making give-away items using some of the interior art. They will be supercool!
- Setting up podcasts for some of the stories.
- Planning book-related events for September and October, including readings in Indiana and Maryland.
- Working on some electronic stuff that is still Top Sekrit. 🙂
And then there’s getting the book together, too…It’s like a little circus, all contained on a single spreadsheet.
If you’re a blogger or reviewer interested in participating in any of that, please let me know!
Cat Rambo lives, writes, and teaches by the shores of an eagle-haunted lake in the Pacific Northwest. Her 200+ fiction publications include stories in Asimov's, Clarkesworld Magazine, and the magazine of Fantasy & Science Fiction. Her story, "Five Ways to Fall in Love on Planet Porcelain," from her collection Near + Far (Hydra House Books), was a 2012 Nebula nominee. Her editorship of Fantasy Magazine earned her a World Fantasy Award nomination in 2012. She is the current President of the Science Fiction and Fantasy Writers of America (SFWA). She is currently working on Exiles of Tabat, the third book of the Tabat Quartet. A new story collection, Neither Here Nor There, appears from Hydra House this fall.