If I did an editing class, what sorts of…
If I did an editing class, what sorts of things would people want to know? Here's some things that occur to me, but I'd like to know what else would be useful.
– How magazines work and what an editor does
– How to recruit and work with slush readers
– Manuscript editing basics, what to do (and not do)
– Working with writers
– Editing a single author collection versus editing an anthology with multiple authors
– Building a magazine's circulation via the Internet
Cat Rambo lives, writes, and teaches by the shores of an eagle-haunted lake in the Pacific Northwest. Her 200+ fiction publications include stories in Asimov's, Clarkesworld Magazine, and the magazine of Fantasy & Science Fiction. Her story, "Five Ways to Fall in Love on Planet Porcelain," from her collection Near + Far (Hydra House Books), was a 2012 Nebula nominee. Her editorship of Fantasy Magazine earned her a World Fantasy Award nomination in 2012. She is the current President of the Science Fiction and Fantasy Writers of America (SFWA). She is currently working on Exiles of Tabat, the third book of the Tabat Quartet. A new story collection, Neither Here Nor There, appears from Hydra House this fall.
This entry was posted in teaching
and tagged classes
, online workshop
. Bookmark the permalink